This grant provides up to $500 (domestic, Canada, and Mexico) and up to $1000 (international, Hawaii) for conference related to the presentation of Japan-related conference papers. M.A. and Ph.D. students are eligible at the University of Pittsburgh are eligible to apply for this grant. Priority is given to first time applicants.
Students must complete the application, and upload:
1. an updated CV
2. evidence of conference acceptance
3. a letter of support from their advisor
4. a detailed budget listing costs of travel, lodging, meals, conference registration, and incidentals.
5. an abstract of their conference paper
7. A Japan Studies Funding Request Form (found here)