Due Friday January 26, 2018
The Japanese Summer Language Study Scholarship is a $5000 award for graduate students to complete an intensive summer language program. In order to be eligible for the Japanese Summer Language Study Scholarship, students must:
- Applicants must be Pitt students studying Japanese at an approved program of study in the United States or Japan during the summer
- This award cannot be applied to SEALS Japan courses at the University of Pittsburgh. (Other financial aid opportunities are available for that program.
- Preference will be given to applicants who will have completed at least one year of Japanese language study or the equivalent by the inception of the award period
All applications must include:
- Completed submittable form
- Official Transcripts from each undergraduate and graduate program attended
- An updated CV
- Three letters of recommendation, one of which should be from a language instructor, one of which should be from the applicant's advisor
- A written statement of no more than 1200 words summarizing academic goals, career objectives, research interests and plans for use of the award. Please specifically address the the relevance of language study to your graduate study.
- GRE scores