Due February 13, 2019
The Study in Japan Scholarship is meant to help defray the cost of a semester or year long study abroad program in Japan. The scholarships offers $5000 for one semester (fall or spring) of $10,000 for the academic year (fall and spring).
- Applicant must be Pitt Asian Studies Certificate undergraduate students who have demonstrated a strong record in Japan studies
- Applicant must study in Japan for one semester or one year
- Preference is given to applicants who will have completed at least two years of language study or the equivalent by the inception of the award period.
Applications must include:
- Completed submittable form
- Official Transcripts
- An updated CV
- TOEFL scores (if applicable)
- Three letters of recommendation, including one from a language instructor
- A written statement of no more than 2000 words summarizing academic goals, career objectives, research interests and plans for use of the award.