Due Friday January 26, 2018
The Mitsubishi Foundation Graduate Fellowship is designed to support graduate students in Japanese Studies from the University of Pittsburgh. The fellowship provides a full-time enrollment tuition remission and a generous stipend. In order to be eligible for the Mitsubishi Foundation Graduate Fellowship, students must:
- Be graduate students in the social sciences or humanities at the University of Pittsburgh
- Have achieved intermediate high proficiency in the Japanese language by the beginning of the award period
- Be an Asian Studies Certificate Student, or plan to become one.
Preference is given to graduate students who have not had more than two Mitsubishi Foundation Graduate Fellowships. Fellowships cannot be deferred for any reason. Students cannot hold a Mitsubishi Fellowship concurrent with another grant or employment of any kind.
Applications must include:
- Completed submittable form
- Official Transcripts from every undergraduate and graduate program attended
- An updated CV
- GRE scores
- TOEFL scores (if applicable)
- Three letters of recommendation, one of which is from the applicant's major advisor
- A written statement of no more than 2000 words summarizing academic goals, career objectives, research interests and plans for use of the award.