The GSC will support faculty working on research projects related to one of the GSC themes of global health, human rights/human security, and inequalities.
Full-time and part-time tenure- and appointment-stream faculty affiliates may apply for a maximum of $1,000 per grant.
The deadline for this grant is rolling, while funds last.
Please submit the following components as a single PDF document:
1. Statement of Purpose
2. Project Proposal, which includes the methodologies/ resources to be examined and the expected outcomes/ relation to the projects longer term efforts. The project description should not exceed two pages, be single spaced (excluding attachments) and have a font size no smaller than 11 points. Project descriptions exceeding these limits will not be reviewed. Attachments may include IRB documentation, examples of questionnaires, list of field contacts, etc.
3. Budget Proposal: Please provide an estimated budget for the proposed activity. See grant guidelines for allowable expenses. Indicate all actual or anticipated matching contributions from other sources. Include all major budget items regardless of fund. Further, include the total budget cost, the total funding requested from the GSC, and the start and end dates by which the funding is needed.
4. Curriculum Vitae
Responsibility of Grantee
All research involving interventions or interactions with individuals or the collection of identifiable private information concerning living individuals requires prospective Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval. Grantees are responsible for obtaining IRB approval when required and must provide documentation of IRB approval before a grant can be awarded. For further information, check the IRB web site at www.irb.pitt.edu.
Grant recipients are responsible for completing University of Pittsburgh Concur forms and providing all applicable documents including original receipts. A copy of the award letter with applicable documents must be submitted to Henry Luck (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Grantees are required to submit a final report (two pages) explaining the use of the funds and the outcomes of the supported activity no later than four weeks after the activity is completed. Failure to submit a final report will result in disqualification from future GSC faculty grant programs. The report must include:
- a description of how the grants funds were utilized;
- a travel schedule, if applicable (including where you went and the dates spent at each locale);
- what you accomplished and how the research results will be utilized.
The grant recipient must acknowledge the assistance of the Global Studies Center and the Office of the Provost at the University of Pittsburgh in any publication, film, or other product resulting from your GSC grant funds.
- Costs of publication;
- Costs associated with attendance only at professional meetings or conference;
- Purchase of major equipment (e.g. cameras, computers or any equipment costing more than $500);
- Salary supplements or summer salaries.